Sunday, July 1, 2007

Week Two

Week two has ended and we have really started to settle in. We had a bit more of this Northwest rain they speak of. It rains for a while and then the sun breaks out, then it rains again for a couple hours and then the sun comes out for 20 minutes. Really weird... But good for those who like change. This past week was also my first week at work and it went well. I am getting antsy to start the actually routes I will drive, but need to be patient. I might as well enjoy the training period before I start working really hard. Friday evening as the rain dispersed we were left with a beautiful sunset from our balcony. On Saturday after church we were invited over to eat at a member's home. It was a great lunch and I got to share my testimony and we all talked for quite some time. Deep down inside I wanted to go on a hike with Melinda and Maxie, b/c the weather was awesome and you have to take advantage of every opportunity you get up here. So we left their house and went to Battle Ground Lake State park, about 10 miles from our home. It reminded me of a summer camp with the small lake in the center of camp. We hiked around the lake on this mossy trail and would stop from time to time to let Max swim. He had a blast. Then we saw the Wooly Mammoth Tree. Kind of strange looking huh? Well I am off to play some ultimate frisbee with the young adults. Seize the day and all...





No comments: